Saturday, March 1, 2008

8 months old!

I know I say this every month, but I really can't believe Lando is 8 months old. That just seems ridiculous. It seems like everyday he is doing something new and showing us a little more of his personality. When he was born we thought he was the most like Mike in personality and for the most part he is. Landon is very calm and relaxed and super chill but more and more every day he is showing some points of possibly having my personality. Outgoing, wanting to be around people all the time, loving to play with toys and other kids...He's seriously just so much fun. Below is a list of a few new things.

-He has a 17" head (90th percentile), 26 3/4" long (25th percentile, I don't think he'll be a basketball player), and he's approx. 19 or 20 lbs (we don't have a scale but that's what his doctor predicts he is)

-He can stand up on his own and demonstrated this one night when Mike was giving him a bath and all of sudden Landon grabbed the edge of the tub and stood up

-He is SO close to crawling. Literally any day now. He gets to a crawling position from the sitting position and he kind of rocks back and forth. Just doesn't quite get that he has to be the one to move his legs

-He loves music and has discovered how to "bounce with the beat" (we may have a musical genius on our hands!)

-He has discovered clapping and thinks its the best thing since sliced bread

-He now has 6 teeth, the 4 on top all came in at once so that week wasn't very fun, but now they are in and no more tears

-He hasn't yet, but his pediatrician has given him the go ahead to eat "squishy" foods (i.e. bananas, veggies, etc.)

-He fully understands the sign language for "milk" and "eat" and is not afraid to show you that he wants it

-He LOVES baby einstein or any videos that are specifically for babies

-He likes to hear himself talk and just in the past couple days will sit and talk as loud as he can for several minutes straight











2 comments:

Raleigh said...

he looks like such fun! and it looks like you have been busy lately... hope you're enjoying the craziness. =)

Shelly Valentine said...

Hi Goody!! I'm so glad you made a comment on my blog! I've been wondering what you are up to these days. Your little boy is SO adorable! I can't believe you're a mom!! How exciting! I've always been super passionate about missions and am so excited God has lead you guys that way!!! Thanks for your kind words...and to answer your question I shoot with Canon 5Ds. Again, I'm so glad to see that you are doing well! I'd love to keep in touch!!!