Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It's a What?









We went to the 3-D Sonogram place today with the sole purpose in mind of finding out what this baby actually is. Quite honestly, I am sick of calling it "it." The baby barely moved the whole time except for a few little adjustments and I was getting worried that we weren't going to be able to see anything. Not another disappointing trip. ugh. So I started eating some chocolate (wives tale here in the Dominican) and sure enough a few minutes later, little baby Braisted started bouncing around. The doctor looked and looked and looked and couldn't find a little boy part. I moved to different sides to get different angles, she moved that little stick all over my belly and no matter what angle, there was no "pee pee" (as Landon likes to call it). So she finally said, "Now I can't be totally sure but I really think its a girl. Where I can see that there should be a penis, there is no penis." I teared up immediately. Seriously, a girl? Could this really be happening? A girl born from a Braisted?????

But it was true, we could see between the legs and what was clearly visible at 14 weeks with Lando was definitely not there. We are going to go back in a couple weeks when I'm somewhere between 22 and 24 weeks to get a 100% confirmation but honestly "the lack there of" was enough confirmation for me. So I'm calling it "her." Even, if the verdict gets changed in a couple weeks....she'll be a she for a couple weeks anyway. But no worries, I'm not rushing out and buying anything pink just yet.

1 comment:

Veldman Photo said...

Yay... that's exciting! So happy for you guys!