Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Surprise!!!

Well, Saturday evening I was surprised for only the third time in my whole life. (The first being when Mike proposed and the second being when we found out we were pregnant) My good friend Audrey threw me a surprise baby shower! Many of my friends were there including our Gringa staffers and women from the church. I would have posted a pic of when I first arrived, but I didn't feel like posting a picture of me crying. Imagine that...me crying! So below are several pictures taken from the baby shower courtesy of audrey and jen. They had it planned down to a "T."




The pregos!!!! Carmen Dilia and I. She, however, is about to pop and is due to have her baby on April 26th. She is so lucky! Only one more week of waiting...


A view of the decorations and of all the wonderful women who attended!


Part of the Decorations. A little table with a picture of Mike and I and little party favor's with babies in a basket.



The absolutely BEAUTIFUL cake. They don't mess around when it comes to cakes in the Dominican Republic.

Me standing with the decorations that were hand-crafted by a good friend, Vanessa! She is so super talented. She also hand-made a scrapbook for people to sign their names and write a little note to me.

A pic of me with Marisol and Yessica. These are the ladies that I cook up in the kitchen with when there are teams here. Marisol already calls herself ABUELA which means Grandma. So when my mom can't be around, Landon will have someone to spoil him rotten!

The women of G.O. Ministries!

A game that was played where one woman is the mom and the other is a baby. It was a contest to see who could make the best baby outfit out of toilet paper!

The WINNERS!

The next game played was to see who could guess how big my belly was without measuring first. So they passed a roll of toilet paper around and they had to cut a piece off that they thought was the right width. Three people got it right on the mark!

Opening gifts. These women were so generous and got the CUTEST stuff ever!

Me with my "bathtub 'o fun." All the gifts that they graciously gave to me.

It was absolutely a blast sharing this time with all of these women. Most of them I won't be able to see for FOUR MONTHS until we return to the Dominican with our little guy. It was a very special time of celebration and fellowship. I will never forget how much this baby shower meant to me and to our expanding family!

No comments: