Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Unbelievable!







There's a baby in there! Today Mike and I had a 3-D Ultrasound done of our baby boy and the experience brought me to tears. We were able to see him move and wriggle and kick as if he was laying right in front of us. He even got the hiccups and we watched his little belly jerk every 5 seconds. It was absolutely amazing! One of the most incredible things was that when we started the ultrasound, I was laying on the ultrasound bed and I had my hand over my forehead watching the screen. As soon as little Landon's face popped up, he had the same arm over his forehead and he didn't move it the whole time we watched him. It was like he was mimicking my moves! It was by far the most amazing thing I have ever seen.

The ultrasound tech said that everything looks great and that he is already 3 pounds and 10 ounces! No wonder I've been so uncomfortable lately! He is supposed to grow a 1/2 pound every week for the next 8 weeks so that gives us almost an 8 pound baby! WOW! She also took measurements of his head and large bones and seemed to discover that our due date may be off by a week or so and that the ultrasound machine suggested his due date to be around June 28th! But we're not going to get our hopes up yet (as we are both impatiently awaiting his arrival) and we'll wait until we're back in the states and see what our OB says.

It was an incredible day and we are so excited to come back to the states to show all the pictures we have from our session. Praise God for the little man that grows inside me everyday!

No comments: